by Jan McBarron MD, ND (Natural Remedy News)
Everyone who has ever lost weight swears they will never gain it back. Statistics demonstrate that over 96% of all persons will gain their weight back within 18 months; and often gain more than they lost in the first place. Clearly, the road to a permanent weight loss is NOT paved with willpower alone. So what is the “secret” to a permanent weight loss?
As a Board Certified Bariatric (weight loss) Medical Doctor, and having lost over 50 pounds, finally and permanently here are some tips.
- Quit dieting. Dieting implies a temporary situation. Stop feeling like you must deprive yourself of foods you enjoy. Instead enjoy them once a week in moderation.
- Add food. Food is defined as substances that give your body nourishment. Add a minimum of one fruit and vegetable every day. Three of each daily is preferred.
- Stop demanding you must exercise. Instead, start moving daily with a commitment to just a steady 10 minute walk. Again commit to this every day. If it rains take an umbrella. More on walking: Walk Your Way to Health
- Accept imperfection. Some days will be better than others. If you “blow it” one day, restart immediately, not “tomorrow”.
- Drink more water. Your body is over 70% water and for every molecule of fat you lose, you need 2 molecules of water. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day (unless instructed by your doctor otherwise). Soda, tea and Flavored Water are not water- if you would not wash your hair or car in it, it’s not water. How much water? Click Here
For over 100 more weight loss tips click: Weight Control Tips
Permanent weight loss is about gaining health. In my next weight loss blog, I’ll discuss why we just can’t follow the above tips. It’s not that obvious.
Please leave your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below.
Best of Health and Happiness on the Road to Better Health,